Barron Lake Triathlon
• Please join us in honoring the memory of the greatest amateur triathlete of all time, Steve (Steve-O) Smith, at the 2nd Annual Barron Lake Triathlon & 5K! All proceeds raised will benefit the "Racing For Steve-O Foundation" to help our special needs community participate in recreational activities, camps and sports! Our 1st class group of volunteer race organizers and sponsors have gone above and beyond to bring this EPIC event to Niles, Michigan in order to provide you with a safe, fun, and challenging racing experience for an amazing value! Please register today so you don't miss out! You know if you see Steve-O's name on a triathlon, it's gonna be one heck of a race!!
New for 2015!
Registration and Packet pick up
Howard Township Fire Department corner of M60 and Barron Lake Road (2681 Detroit Road) Niles MI
Friday, August 28
4:00 pm - 7:00 pm is the last chance to register for the Triathlon events
Saturday, August 29 (5K Registration Only)
6:00 am - 7:30 am Triathlon Packet pick up
6:00 am - 8:30am- 5K Packet Pick-Up and Race Day Registration
8:00 am - 10am- Kids Triathlon Packet Pick-Up
Registration includes chip timing, custom Nike Dri Fit shirt, custom finisher awards age group awards and post race picnic cookout! The Kid's Triathlon is not timed, all finishers will receive a finisher medal and Plush Sea Turtle!
You must be registered by August 10th to be guranteed a shirt
We have over $10,000 in items that have been donated by local and regional businesses! Our biggest prizes include a Trek Triathlon Bike worth $2,500 donated by Outpost Sports, Omnium Trainer rollers worth $499 donated by Sportscrafters and SpinZone, Zoom! Teeth Whitening valued at $695 donated by University Park Family Dentistry, plus over 75 other restaurant, museums, experiences, spa packages and golf outings! You won't want to miss out on deep discounts on these items and all proceeds benefit the Racing For Steve-O Foundation! Silent Auction opens online August 15th and continues onsite August 28-29th at the race! Silent Auction
Beginner Triathlete clinic
Friday, August 28 with Nationally ranked Triathlete, Roger Antoniu and and Xterra Triathlon World Championship competitor Doug Eubanks!
Come anytime between 4 and 7
- You'll learn tips and tricks to make your day smoother and faster
- How to check your bike
- How to set up your transition area
- How to channel race day jitters
- Bring your questions!
For the sake of our Volunteers
We have instilled a time cut off for the Olympic course. Olympic bikers need to be past Anderson and Pokagon (mile 7 approximately) by 10:45am. After that time volunteers at that corner will direct bikers to turn around and head back. Olympic racers must be on run by 11am to continue. Course closes at noon. If you feel you can not complete the Olympic distance triathlon in under 3.5 - 4 hours, please consider competing in the Sprint Distance.
A detailed email will be sent out by August 22 with assignments
• If you your plans change, we NEED TO KNOW! You are important to us and we are counting on you, so please don't think we don't need you!
• We will have 3 volunteer check-in meetings- to suit your schedule. Please plan the meeting prior to your assigned shift! • Meet at Howard Township Fire Department, M60 and Barron Lake Road (GPS: 2681 Detroit Road, Niles MI)
Friday, August 28th
4:00 pm Volunteer meeting # 1
6:00 pm Volunteer meeting # 2
Saturday, August 29th
6:30 am Volunteer check in
7:00 am Volunteer Meeting
Volunteers can still sign up at http://racingforsteve-oinc.volunteerlocal.com/volunteer/?start_over&id=6896 Volunteers who have already signed up and would like to change / add or cancel your shift can log into your profile with the email confirmation that was sent to the email provided. Please check your "junk mail" if you did not receive this email or contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Tortoise & Hare Challenge
Anyone looking for a fun and exciting way to end your summer? This year we are initiating the "Tortoise and the Hare Team Challenge", a fun new way for friends, family, schools, clubs and local organizations to participate as a team and raise funds to help special needs children in the Michiana area! The team that raises the most funds and the team with the most race day participants and/or volunteers will each receive a special Tortoise and the Hare Team Champion plaque and have their team photo posted on the Racing For Steve-O website and Facebook page!
To sign up for the Challenge and for more information please visit:
See you at the starting line!