Barron Lake Triathlon
• Don't miss this fantastic event to raise money for local triathlete Steve Smith's foundation, Racing for Steve-O!
• There is still time to sign up for this fantastic event!
New for 2015!
Registration and Packet pick up
Howard Township Fire Department corner of M60 and Barron Lake Road (2681 Detroit Road) Niles MI
Friday, August 28
4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Saturday, August 29
6:00 am - 7:30 am Registration and Packet pick up
Registration includes chip timing, custom Tech shirt, custom finisher awards and age group awards, and post race picnic cookout!
Bring your checkbooks!
We have over $5,000 worth of merchandise donated for the silent auction, so you might walk away with some great deals!
[Download a list of silent auction prizes here]
Beginner Triathlete clinic
Friday, August 28 with Nationally ranked Triathlete, Roger Antoniu and Sarah Cira, Racing for Steve-O Foundation
Come anytime between 4 and 7
- You'll learn tips and tricks to make your day smoother and faster
- How to check your bike
- How to set up your transition area
- How to channel race day jitters
- Bring your questions!
A detailed email will be sent out by August 22 with assignments
• If you your plans change, we NEED TO KNOW! You are important to us and we are counting on you, so please don't think we don't need you!
• We will have 3 volunteer check-in meetings- to suit your schedule. Please plan the meeting prior to your assigned shift! • Meet at Howard Township Fire Department, M60 and Barron Lake Road (GPS: 2681 Detroit Road, Niles MI)
Friday, August 28th
4:00 pm Volunteer meeting # 1
6:00 pm Volunteer meeting # 2
Saturday, August 29th
6:30 am Volunteer check in
7:00 am Volunteer Meeting
If you are not sure if where you are supposed to be located please contact Paula Turk at 574-293-1683 or Sarah Cira at 574-807-1400
Tortoise & Hare Challenge
Anyone looking for a fun and exciting way to end your summer? This year we are initiating the "Tortoise and the Hare Team Challenge", a fun new way for friends, family, schools, clubs and local organizations to participate as a team and raise funds to help special needs children in the Michiana area! The team that raises the most funds and the team with the most race day participants and/or volunteers will each receive a special Tortoise and the Hare Team Champion plaque and have their team photo posted on the Racing For Steve-O website and Facebook page!
To sign up for the Challenge and for more information please visit:
See you at the starting line!